
It's pretty evident who President Obama's favorite
new talent is. During a Youtube Q&A, President
Obama was asked which rapper he preferred out
of Drake and Kendrick Lamar. Can you guess his
answer? "Gotta go with Kendrick," the POTUS
revealed."I think Drake is an outstanding
entertainer, Kendrick… his lyrics, his last album,
was outstanding. Best album, I think, of last
year."
This wouldn't be the first time that the president
of the United States has sung the praises of K.
Dot. Just last month he revealed that Kendrick
Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost" off the "To
Pimp A Butterfly" album was his favorite song.
Kendrick and President Obama recently met when
the rapper took a trip to the White House in
support of the Pay It Forward program, which
encourages the mentoring of inner city kids. “I
look at where I’m at today and realize that most
of my success is owed to the mentors that was
in my life," said Kendrick. "I sat down with
President Barack Obama and shared the same
views. Topics concerning the inner cities, the
problems, the solutions, and furthermore
embracing the youth, both being aware that
mentoring saves lives.”
Kendrick is quite the fan of Obama as well, giving
the president a little shout out in his song
"Hood Politics."
No comments:
Post a Comment